Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Too. . .

Working too long.
Exercising too hard.
Pushing too much.

I am realizing that I have done all of these. . .And it has caught up with me.

In an effort to not work on the weekends and keep my head above water, I am working very long hours. Now, don't get me wrong. . .I love my job. I love the people with whom I work. Not many people can make those statements!

I have increased the gym time over the last month in order to be able to eat some foods that I shouldn't and keep the weight at a steady number. My body finally protested. I have an ice pack on my shoulder as I type. I have also been told by a physical therapist at the gym to avoid working out the shoulder muscles for a week or two to prevent this from becoming more serious and/or permanent.

I have over all been pushing myself - granted, not as hard as I could. I have canceled meetings and gotten 'out of dodge' on occasion. I have prioritize and prioritize and prioritize, but I am realizing that I need to re-look at everything once again. Even getting between 6 - 8 hours of sleep a night, I am still exhausted. I am resorting to drinking coffee and pop at work to keep my energy levels up.

It is time to get back to being healthy. This will allow my body to heal and to rejuvenate itself without the junk that I've been relying on to keep going. It is time to take care of myself, once again.

Namaste.

"The body is a sacred garment. It's your first and last garment; it is what you enter life in and what you depart life with, and it should be treated with honor." - Martha Graham

No comments: