Thursday, July 13, 2006

Starting to Look Like a Home. . .

Most of you know that my condo has been in a constant state of change for a majority of the last nine years. Many of the major changes began about four years ago (I think), when I gutted the kitchen and built it back up from the drywall. Large job. . .I never want to be kitchen-less for six months ever again!!!

Most recently, I replace the flooring on the 1st floor with ceramic tile (with tons of help from Luke and CBoy - we won't talk about the injuries) and on the 2nd floor with wood laminae (again with tons of help from Luke and CBoy). I have overcome the dreaded scaffolding to get rid of all of the white walls (NEVER AGAIN) and replaced all of the cheap painted doors, baseboards and molding with stained pine (gotta love Bobby and his air nail gun). Since I am outsourcing two of the bathrooms this fall, I just have a lot of small jobs to finish up (don't ask for my definition of small).

Yes. . .I admit it - I don't think there will be anything in the condo that is the same as when I bought it. Well. . .Maybe the laundry/furnace room! :)

Tonight, my decorator and I worked on the living room. With it's fresh coat of gold paints and beautiful ceramic tile (just a few more jobs left before I can call it done), it was time to hang the new curtains and some pics on the wall. I have a huge "To Buy List" and the mantle and back door needs to be installed before we can finish up. I'm even starting to think about a bookshelf-type door and some track lighting (hmmm. . .Did I just hear Luke and Bobby moaning?).

I must say, that even with it only partially done - it is beginning to look like a home!




The picture on the left is my patriotic corner...





The one on the right is the very small area in my living room that has everything hung up. The stuff on the table with change, but wanted it to look complete for the picture.





Namaste.

"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." - Colette

No comments: