Thursday, June 22, 2006

Is There Anybody Out There?

OK. . .I have no idea why Pink Floyd is running through my head right now, but it seemed like a good title for the opening post of this blog.

Everyone has Eggeepet (ok, it looks funny - but with no Russian characters, I had to attempt it phonetically) to thank for the opportunity to read all of my ramblings as her blog does not allow for anonymous comments. And what the hey! If I'm going through all of the work to set up a log-in to post a comment, then I'm going to use the dern thing (no that's not a typo, I meant to type dern and not darn).

I should mention that I will only use nicknames in my ramblings. It may be a nickname that has a story behind it or one that I just made up just for this site. WOW - this has lots of potential for my imagination to go wild (I only hope that it has spell check too).

I expect that this sight will fall into the 'stream of consciousness' arena often. The other hilarious opportunity that has presented itself: I was once a yearbook editor (many moons ago) and there is the opportunity for past entries to become 'altered, improved, polished stream of consciousness' items - in other words, I may drive myself nuts! So, if there is an entry that didn't quite make sense - check back and it may magically become brilliant (for the realist out there - it may become more legible)!


I plan to use this space to document my experiences as they happen (and even my viewpoints, as weird as they may seem to some). When I'm a fly on the wall at my funeral (at the wonderful young, active age of 231), I want to hear celebrations of "Remember when she did/went/saw/said. . ." rather than "She always wanted to go/do/see. . .". This is my dream.

This is me.
These are my opinions.
This is my journey.
These are my memories.
I make no apologies and plan to live life to it's fullest.

I welcome you to my blog home - you are always welcome. The wonderful thing about this experience is that if you don't like what I have to say, you don't have to join in my journey. Isn't life great?

Namaste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just making sure that the comments are working!

-Sassy Marie