Friday, December 16, 2022

#FridayFinds - Valle Escondido (Union, KY)

Other than The Taco Queen food truck, Valle Escondido is the closest restaurant to our place.
They also have a mammoth skinny Marqurita - so very dangerous for both our waistlines and wallet.

This was becoming a norm for us, but then I had two run-ins with mushrooms (I am allergic).  The first, I will take responsibility for as I didn't tell them (a mushroom from another order snuck into mine) and I paid dearly.  The second time, I explained and asked them to keep the mushrooms away from my order... and YEP - another mushroom snuck in.  Luckily, I caught it quickly and didn't have the allergic reaction, BUT we have not been back.  If the cooks won't take allergies seriously - that is a problem for me.  Which is a shame because we really enjoyed the food (and the location was so convenient).

SOOOO... if you like Mexican and don't have any allergies, then this is the place to go.
If you do have an allergy - go at your own risk.


Large Skinny Margarita

Guac (I only got this our first time - they have a brown sauce
that comes out with the salsa that I have been eating instead)

I don't recall what this dish was called... but my normal became a chicken breast with shrimp and crab covered in queso with rice.  Similar, but not exactly the same.

Quesadia... But this also didn't stay a norm.  They were willing to add chorizo to a chicken burrito and that was the standard order going forward.

Rice... I will say it is not the norm
(there are potatoes in it), but it is tasty

Namaste.

No comments: