Saturday, August 24, 2019

Remembering - The man who stepped up

On August 24, 2016, I got a call that no one wants...
And I was in an airport, not able to hear well and didn't understand what was going on...
Then a text cleared it up - I wasn't going to be able to say goodbye to my dad...

And even three years later - I miss him like crazy.
We didn't talk often - he wasn't the type to talk on the phone.

But, if I needed him - he was there.
When the tornadoes of 2012 hit us - he was there.
When my kids and grand kids had birthdays - he was there.
He even drove to KY about two months after having open heart surgery - by himself.
He was there.

And it really hurts that as much as he would want to be - he can't be here anymore.
He will never make the drive north to my new place...
He will never see my grandkids play sports...
He wasn't there to talk over the swingzeebo or the dining room table with MBB...
He wasn't there to hug me when I said goodbye to my mom (and a divorce would not have stopped him from being there)...

I miss my dad.

Namaste.

No comments: