Friday, August 30, 2019

#FridayFinds - Tovala Oven

We have a new appliance...
And a new meal delivery plan...

And I am loving it.
Meet the Tovala:

In the picture was the first "delivered meal" that we cooked in the Tovala - Chicken Pot Pie.
And it was yummy! If they offer it again, I'll be flagging it for delivery...

It is great - take plastic off the containers, put in the oven, scan the bar code and hit start!
Usually takes me about 2 minutes...
Add a few if you need to pour a container of sauce over something...

I am a big fan!  We only order 4 meals a week, so 2 nights worth and there are some nights that I am disappointed that we don't have more.  The portions are perfect for me (I feel full even counting calories), but MBB has to supplement sometimes to have a full meal.

I will say their meal plan is a bit pricey ($12 per meal - that's for one person)...
But then I remember that we would spend more if we ate out...
Most of the time I don't feel like cooking after a 9 hour day at work...
And this is a bit more on the healthy side too, which is big with me counting calories again.

Another benefit?

You can scan stuff that you buy at the grocery store to cook...
Sometimes, it is there (Grands Cinnamon Rolls) and sometimes it isn't.
If it isn't, you can program the cook time (and adjust it for future cooks if you need to) and it will save it for future barcode scans.

And - the Tovala is a steam oven... I'm not sure how that works, but stuff like the individual Red Baron pizzas cook way better here than in the microwave! At least that's what MBB says.

Namaste.

*Note - Tovala did not pay me to write about them.  They don't even know I exist.
But, if they see this and want to offer me a few free meals, I wouldn't be opposed!  :)

No comments: