Saturday, February 16, 2019

2019

2019 has found me working on a few things:
> Organizing & Purging 
> Digital Scrapbooking
> Intermediate Fasting

I started out the year "focusing on joy".  Yes, Marie Kondo.
I didn't have much to go through as we purged A LOT before we moved north...
But I did have a few things that needed attention - mainly drawers!
 The junk drawer...
 The makeup drawer...
 The utility drawers...
You get the picture?

Here's one of the successes:

I did make a lot of progress with the drawers... Just have a cabinet and the top of a closet still to do.


Then, I got focused on digital scrapbooking...
My goal was to do six books in 2019 (one book per year) - I figured I could take two months to get one done and be on target to be done by the end of the year.
I guess I shouldn't admit that I would have to get 11 books done to get caught up?
Yeah, let's not go there.

January found me wanting to compare Shutterfly to Amazon Photos, so I was working on two books were being created at the same time.
My opinion?
Shutterfly wins on functionality.
Amazon wins on price.
Wait on the right coupon and Shutterfly gets the thumbs up.
 
Then, just when I was going to move on to something else, Shutterfly had an amazing sale (40% off and unlimited free pages).  I became a scrapbook crazy lady and got four years done in time to print during that sale. My wallet is VERY happy.  

So as we near the end of February, I have four years printed, one ready for print and one in process.  Not bad progress and maybe closer to get getting caught up than I originally planned!


Just after Christmas, I decided to try intermediate fasting.
MBB has been doing something similar for awhile now and I figured I'd give it a go, in my own way.
Five days a week, I eat between 4pm and 7pm to try to give my digestive system a break.
The other two, I either eat all three meals or just between 12pm and 7pm.
I am a fan of treating my body a little bit better...I am also the first to admit that I am not a fan of the digits on the scale right now.

So, I am giving this a go until I like the digits better and then, I'll probably adjust to what MBB is doing (eating between 12pm and 7pm everyday) as a lifestyle change.

As of now, I have lost 11 lbs over about 7 weeks.

Yes, I could lose it faster if I went on the diet that I have used before...
BUT - I was miserable ALL THE TIME and was always in a bad mood.
I was constantly hungry trying to keep my calories down and eat six times a day.
And if I didn't eat according to my plan - I got really shaky as my blood sugar dropped...
It was scary a few times.

With the intermediate fasting: I am hungry during the day, but it is the same hungry as before.
The difference?
I don't get shaky anymore.  I may get a headache as I get close to 4pm, but not every day.
I also am not hungry in the evening!
I feel full!
I get to eat what I want (not limited to eat whites, grilled chicken and green veggies ever meal)!


So that is what has been keeping my occupied so far in 2019.
And work...
And work travel...
And playing pool...

But I do have a lot of Friday Finds to post...
Just got to find some more time in the near future to get organized!

Namaste.

No comments: