Friday, August 03, 2018

#Friday Finds - Takoi (Downtown Detroit)

I have been slacking a bit with some #FridayFinds...
But now that I have figured out how to get my pictures off of my phone (long story and a recent issue), I am trying to get caught up.

Granted, caught up is just a few weeks as we are hitting a rut going to the same places over and over - but never fear, there is a plan to explore in the near future!

This find is technically "Around Town" as it is about an hour from us...
But, I was in Detroit for a work event, so I was technically "Travel"ing...

A group of us went to Takoi for dinner.

It is "family style", as in you order a lot of plates and share everything...
Warning - there are a lot of pictures...
And as this was over a month ago, I don't remember any of the names.
I can tell you that due .to food restrictions of the group: we didn't order anything with pork or mushrooms in any of the dishes.

Some type of tea:



Asparagus:

Some type of lettuce wrap (a little spicy, but bearable):

Fried Rice (I think):

Forgot to grab pictures before we dug in on a few:

Lamb (I think):

Snapper:

Ice Cream Dessert (Full disclosure - I didn't try as it had coconut on it):

Overall, I loved the food!
There was one dish that, even though we ordered everything mild (for whimps like me) - it was too spicey.  In fact, no one took seconds on it (I think it was the first food picture, but not 100% sure).

Definitely worth googling and visiting if you are in the area.

Namaste.

No comments: