Thursday, August 09, 2018

Bucket List Item

I decided that it would be kewl to see all five of the Great Lakes.

A little information for those who may be interested (and my reference):
The "Great Lakes of North America" are a series of freshwater lakes that connect the Atlantic Ocean to the Saint Lawrence River. They are primarily on the Canada-United States Border (all except Lake Michigan - which is entirely in the USA).
They are the largest group of freshwater lakes by total area (94,250 square miles) and second largest by total volume (21% of the world's surface fresh water). 
Want to know more?  Click here...


I have been to Lake Erie a few times, but last month we took the grand babies for their first trip.
Since we found a beach that is only 20 minutes from our house, I expect that I'll be seeing this particular Great Lake often.



I have plans to see Lake Michigan and Lake Huron / the bottom tip of Lake Superior... 
Just not sure which one will come first and when.
Lake Ontario is going to be the tricky one!

(I didn't create the picture above, just "borrowed" it for the visual..)

Namaste.

No comments: