Sunday, July 08, 2018

MMA - Who I Like...

I am not a big sports fan.
I have my football team that I grew up rooting for...
I watch the Olympics and Super Bowls and stuff like that...
But I am not athletic, so I have never been a fan of athletics...

MBB, on the other hand, loves to watch sports.
He is also athletic and good at most sports that he tries.

Correction: He likes to watch sports on TV, not in person (this hurt my season ticket holding heart when I met him).
His big obsession currently is MMA.
Since it is on our TV all of the time, I have watched just enough that I have found a few fighters that I like...

Want to know more about them?  Click on there names and it will tak you to their Wikipedia profile.
Want to know more?  Have I introduced you to my best friend: Google?

I used to like Anderson Silva... but the way he chose to act the last few fights (and being caught taken things that he shouldn't) has caused him to be removed from my list of favs.

The reason that I don't care for Silva anymore should be a good indication of why I do like the other three.  They are humble.  Yes - I know that attitude fills the seats for a fight... But I am not going to root for an a$$hole.
There is another thing all three have in common - they were all champions at one time.  That is not why I like them... But I probably wouldn't have known about them if they hadn't been (though I will say that I was a fan of Rose's before she won her belt).

Namaste.

No comments: