Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Remembering - Not Spending All My Time In A Car!

About ten years ago, I lived in a great location.
I still had trees and grass...
But I was close to EVERYTHING.

I could get to downtown in 15 minutes, work in 17...
The doctors, dentist, hospital, grocery store and lots of other stuff was just minutes away.
Literally!
I could walk there if they had put in some sidewalks (it was a major road).

Then I moved to Kentucky... You know - where my job was...
And my drive to work grew to 45 - 60 minutes.
It was 20 minutes to a decent grocery store or restaurant.
45 minutes to keep my doctors in the great location.
45 to our pool hall and 75 minutes to the pool hall with tournaments and action.
We were constantly in the car and I felt like I didn't have much of a life.


Luckily, this remembering post is slightly different from the others.
See - I spent almost 9.5 years missing my old location and hating where I lived.
About five months ago - my memories became my reality again.


The one thing that I LOVE about our new home is how close we are to everything.
Yet, I feel like I live in the country.
We have five acres.
I see wild animals in my back yard all of the time.

And I can be to two different grocery stores in five minutes.
The doctors (and I love how great they are) are right next to one of the grocery stores.
There are a huge number of restaurants that we can get to quickly.
There are even TWO PIZZA PLACES who will deliver to our house (this is a little dangerous).

I think MBB loves the convenience as well.
When we move again - my #1 priority (okay - #2, room for the pool table is #1) is finding land close to stuff.

Namaste.

No comments: