Thursday, January 25, 2018

Really Louisville?

We were visiting Louisville recently and stumbling upon a great thing...
I'm going to give it a little plug and hope that someone else learns about it.


ZeroBus

-Zero Emissions (Electric Bus)
-Zero Cost (Yes, it's free!  Just hop on!)


Problem #1: The website's map is not the greatest.
(https://www.ridetarc.org/zerobus-and-hops/schedules-maps)
When you try to blow up the map to see where the stops are - it gets blurry and you can't read it.
I believe there is an app also - but a local told me that the app keeps crashing, so I didn't try.


There are two circular routes in downtown Louisville: 
 - Market/Main route (blue Z markers)
 - Fourth Street route (green Z markers)


Problem #2: I have no idea of the hours (and neither did the locals that I asked).   
The website mentions that it doesn't run on Sundays and Holidays, but not sure when on the rest of the days.  I do know that it runs during the week in the early evening (4:30pm to be exact) because I saw a bus on the Market/Main route.  But I don't know how long after that. 


From what I have gathered - this is a great resource!! 
I mean amazing - free transportation in a town that with a ton of restaurants and shops that should get huge benefits from this!  It's perfect for visitors who don't want to deal with downtown traffic...


So, if you are in Louisville - check out the ZeroBus!

Problem #3 (and the biggest, IMO): LOUISVILLE ISN'T GETTING THE WORD OUT!
There is a stop pretty close to the hotel that we were staying and there was NO MENTION of it at the hotel.  There should put literature in all of the hotels that are along the route.


Louisville really needs to step up their game...
It's a free service that someone in Louisville is paying for - so you would think that they would want people to use it to get a benefit for the city...


Namaste.

No comments: