Sunday, January 18, 2015

Grandfathers

There have been many people who have touched my life in many ways...
But there are three specifically who have been grandfathers to me.

One was there from my birth and to this day, 14 years after he was taken from me, I still think of him daily.
I was definitely Grandpa's girl. 
When asked that philosophical question "If you could have a conversation with anyone, past or present, living or dead...", I never have to think about it - I'd be talking with my Grandpa.

The second stepped into the role when I joined his life through marriage and never hesitated for one moment.  When others in the family didn't want me to be "a real part" of the family, he stepped in and took care of it....Until he was taken from me about 24 years ago that is, then I was no longer "a real part" of the family anymore.

The third was one of the first to make me feel welcomed when MBB brought me into his family.  His was the one house that I would go to without MBB and feel like I belonged.  A great man who welcomed all into his family...

All three men were larger than life to me...
All impacted who I am...
And as of yesterday, all have amazing wings and memories and legacies...

Love you all...
Miss you lots...
The tears flow for all three of you.

Namaste.

No comments: