Friday, December 12, 2014

Another Old Friend...

In the past seven years, we have put up a tree about four of them (if we weren't home for Christmas morning, I wasn't willing to spend the time putting one up)...

Of those four times, I believe that MBB's tree was set-up for three of them.
The initial plan was to alternate, but when we went to put up my tree for the second time - we couldn't find the main piece of the tree...

So, when we decided to put up a tree this year, even though we aren't spending Christmas morning at home (grand-kids changed things, you know)...I decided that I was tired of not feeling like it was Christmas.  There is something about my tree that makes me get in the season.  I am good with every other year, but five - six years without it...
No thanks.

So, we broke down and bought a pre-lite green tree with white lights.

I was hesitant about a pre-lite tree as I like to have LOTS of lights...
But...
If it meant that I got to see my tree again - it would be worth it!

Let me tell you...Having the tree up and lit in 10 minutes was very nice!
Cut about half of a day out of the set-up time (remember, I said that I liked LOTS of lights - I would take each strand out and back every branch on the tree to use as many lights as possible)...
All I had to do was put on the ribbons and the ornaments.
And honestly - there are a lot of lights (once you rearrange the branches)!

It's also been a few years since I saw this old friend:

And yes, my heart feels at peace when I sit and look at it...

Now, we are looking for a white pre-lit tree with blue (or colored) lights...
Though, MBB thinks that a heavily frosted green tree might work too!
Let the search begin...

Namaste.

No comments: