Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Being Domestic. . .

For some weird reason, I have been wanting to cook lately.
I usually hate to cook.
I can do it, but I don't really care for it.

This week, I decided that I was tired of eating out (or my waist line is anyway).
I also decided that I had enough of the Hamburger Helper type meals.

So, I cooked.
I didn't seem to consider the fact that I am extremely busy right now and am not getting home on time.

Three nights in a row, I cooked.

It all started with Unstuffed Shells.  I had been planning this one for a few weeks, but it just hadn't happened.  When I went to make it, I realized that the shell pasta had been used for something else. . .so the recipe morphed into Unstuffed Bowties.
Then I moved to an easier Sizzlers w/ Na'an Bread and boiled red potatoes.  A little easier to do, but as I got home even later that night. . .it worked and is one of my favorites.
Tonight, I attempted a Shepherds Pie with steak meat instead of hamburger.  The guys deemed it a repeat, though I think I'll add a bit of Cajun before baking next time.

I'm gonna have to go searching for more recipes soon as I have a feeling that I'll be cooking again tomorrow.

Namaste.

No comments: