Sunday, November 14, 2010

Goodbye Friend

We said goodbye to one of the "Pups" today.
He was just a year old and full size, but we still called his sister and him "the Pups" to distinguish from his parents.

He was the biggest of the small dogs on our road, but I could still hold him under one arm. . .

He was 75% Wiener and 25% Beagle. . .
I always loved to sing "Wish I was an Oscar Meyer Wiener" to him. . .
I always thought that his name should be Eddie (see the hair line - reminds me of the Munsters). . .

He thought that he could protect us better than the big dogs could. . .
And would lead the charge against all of the cars on the lane that he did not recognize.
Unfortunately today, the car won in the charge battle and we had to say goodbye.

Goodbye Oscar - you will be missed!

Namaste.

No comments: