Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Deals. . . Updated 2x

UPDATE: The red reflects changes to my plan. :)

I am not going to start posting all of the sales and coupon match-ups. . .
There are lots of great sites out there that already do that.
I can recommend a few if you need them. :)

Many times I will create my list and then not go. Why is this a problem?
In a week or two, I am buying those items for a higher price because we need them rather than already having them in my stock pile (and they WERE on my to buy list just recently).
I also have a bad habit of writing down a coupon on my list and not going to get it. AUGH!
So, I am thinking that I am usually better when the blog world holds me accountable (back in the very beginning of this blog, for some reason, I was much better about exercising regularly).
I have decided to start posting "my planned" shopping trips for the week.

Here goes my experiment. . .
C: Coupons (actually attached to my shopping list - There may be others, but this is what I have in my possession).
MB: Meijer Meal-box (actually attached).
W: Walgreens coupon (actually attached).
E: Kroger's e-coupon (actually loaded on my card).
(#): Tells you the number I am planning on buying.
Reminders: Kroger doubles up to $1 all coupons. Meijer doubles up to $1 up to two identical coupons.
All starting prices are coming from match-ups posted, sometimes the sales aren't happening here and I realize that at the store.

Kroger
Smart Ones: $1.58 - $3/6 C = $1.08 (6)
Green Giant: $.88 - $.50 C = $.38 (2)

Walgreens DIDN'T GO BECAUSE OF GETTING SOME AT MEIJER
Deli Creations: $1.99 W - $1 C = $.99 (2) GOT AT MEIJER
Secret Deodorant: $2.29 W - $.50 C = $1.79 (2)
Potting Soil: $.99 W

Dollar General
Welch's Grape Juice: $2 - $1 C = $1 (7) NOT ON SALE

Meijer (Will have to do multiple transactions for the yogurt!)
Yoplait: 10/$4 - $.40/6 C (have 4) - $.50/6 C (have 1) = $.26/each (30 - should get more!)
Crystal Light: $2 - $1 C - $1 MB = FREE (Couldn't find the kind the coupon was for)
Country Crock Butter: $1.29 - $.40 C = $.49 (2)
Aunt Millie's Bread: $1.29 - $.55 C = $.29 (2)
Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs: 4/$5 - $1/2 C - $1/2 MB = $.50 (10)
Lean Cuisine: $2 - $1/5 C - $1/5 MB = $1.60 (15) NOT ON SALE
Meijer Pretzels: $.99 FORGOT THIS ONE
Milk: $1.88
(Was on sale for $2.00 at my store)
Aussie Hair Products: $2.50 - $2 = $.50 (2) Didn't have what the coupon was for
Treseme Fresh Start Hair Products: ? - B0G0 C - $2 C = ? (4) No Go

Land O'Frost Lunch Meat: $2.99 - $.55 C = $1.99 (2)
Quaker Instant Oatmeal: ? - $.75 C = ? (1)
Quaker True Delights Oatmeal: ? - $1 C = ? (2) (They only had blueberry...No thanks.)
Eggs: ? (I can't remember the price, but I bought a container of 2 dozen - ~$.85/dozen?)
Strawberries: 4/$5
+ I have $9 off in past $ off next visits
Kraft Salad Dressing: $1.89 - $1 MB = $.89 (8)

Namaste.

No comments: