Tuesday, September 08, 2009

My Thoughts. . .

. . .On my new ride.

Some things I like:
- It looks nice. . . Though gravel dust and dark grey don't mix very well.

- It doesn't have a dent in the back. . .
- It has a kewl little "Jetson's" antenna (am I showing my age referring to that cartoon?). . .
- The multi-colored designs in the interior are pretty neat looking. . .
- The adjustable sized drink holders took care of the issue I had with our older Matrix.
- The colors on the dashboard are vivid. . . Don't know any other way to describe it.
- The lock / unlock beeping - At first I hated it, but it has "helped" me find the car many times. . .
- The little shelf in the glove box. . . Sunglasses storage maybe?

Some things that I wish they hadn't changed:
- Moving the little lights from the rear view mirror to the top of the window (blinds the eyes). . .
- The seats aren't as comfortable as they were. . .
- The back corner windows that are now little slits and not full windows. . .
- The size of the space in the back "trunk" (the kids are convinced that it is smaller). . .
- The headrests!!! They are the most uncomfortable that I have ever experienced. . .
- In adding the adjustable sized drink holders (see likes), the "junk holder" console got smaller. . .
- The inability to have recirculating air when the defog is on. . . Semis drive in the morning too!

Some things I wish I had (may be options that I can't afford, may not be available):
- Quick turn start. . . (The Yaris spoiled me on this one!)
- Programmable seat settings. . . (MBB and I are NOT the same size!)
- Cover for the back "trunk" area. . . (Didn't realize this was an option or I would have got it!)

I'm sure that my family could add to the list. . . These are just my quick thoughts.
Overall, I wish that I had got the 2009 Matrix that I was sooooooo close to getting.
But since I didn't. . .You'll see me bee-bopping around town in the 2010. . .
Even with my lists above, I am so happy to be back in a Matrix!

Namaste.

No comments: