Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Big Change!

I've been MIA from the Blog World lately, but I've had a good reason!

Some of you may remember the "before" picture.
And I've written about the tree removals
here and here.

Now, it was time for the heavy machinery. . .
Here's a reminder of what it looked like before we started the transformation:

We got the trees down and the dirt moving began. . .
After the first day, this is what I saw:

And here is what it looks like today.
Notice, the road is now straight and not curving toward the house.
The gravel in front of the door is where we are going to pour a patio.
Notice the huge step to get out of the house?
Yep, I'm taking bets on which of us has an injury on that one!
I think our flooding issues are now a thing of the past (fingers crossed).This flat area is the future sight of our garage.
We lost half of the garden as we had to build this area up to level it out.I was so happy to redo this area of the yard!
If you don't remember what it looked like when we first bought the house, click here.And so the work continues.
We will start framing up the patio this weekend.

Namaste.

No comments: