Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thoughts

I have found, on occasion, that it takes a funeral to bring things back into perspective.

In 2000, I decided that I refused to have the words "She always wanted. . ." said at my funeral.
I only wanted "Do you remember when. . ."
That lead to some major changes in my life.
I traveled more and crossed many items off of my "Want List - Great and Small".
I began making memories that I cherish to this day.

Today, I went to another funeral.
It wasn't someone that I was close to, but it was someone who was extremely close to a few people with whom I am extremely close.
It made me stop and look at some things again.
It made me evaluate if I am still following my "Do you remember when. . ." plan.

It made me realize that though I am on the right path, I am not quite living up to my dream.
It made me realize that I need to find a way to enjoy every moment, even if I am doing something that I really wish someone else would do.

I need to fill the car with good music / books on CDs to make the daily car rides more productive. . .
I need to praise more and find creative ways to correct. . .
I need to call without caring that they might not call back. . .
I need to email even though it may never get read. . .
I need to learn how to type with a cat laying on my hands (shame I can't get a picture). . .
I need to let things roll that aren't about me. . .
I need to be there when those close to me need me. . .
I need to create and enjoy. . .
I need to live in the now.

Rest In Peace Chief.
I am proud that our lives touched, though rarely and briefly.

Namaste.

No comments: