Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Unbelievable. . .

MaBell and I helped pick up trash in our county this past weekend.
Organizations (in this case, the basketball team) get paid to help keep the roads clean.
I think it's a great fund-raising activity and it helps expose the girls to the aspect of community service.

That being said - I HATE PICKING UP TRASH!

I about swallowed my tongue when I found out that we had a 11 mile stretch to walk.
Luckily, we had enough people show up that we were split into 5 groups and got done in 4.5 hours.

The biggest "What????" for my group:
On a quarter mile stretch we picked up 80 empty bottles of Grey Goose Vodka.
That does not count the ones that we couldn't reach or the ones that were broken.
Yes, you read that right: 80 bottles in .25 miles

Two days later, my mind still can't wrap itself around that enough to come up with a witty comment!

Namaste.

2 comments:

Thumbs said...

HOLY COW! That is a ton of vodka!!!

PICKING UP ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD!!

Jenn said...

I would have believed 80 empty forties of Olde English or Colt 45, but Grey Goose?!? BIZARRE!!! I love it!