Friday, March 13, 2009

On A Mission. . .

MaBell is missing quite a bit of school this week.
Her assignments were being sent home last night via a high school friend to OB on the bus.

When he got home, he didn't have her book bag.
When we ran over to her friends house, she didn't have her book bag.
There was no book bag.
The friend had left the book bag in the back of the bus and told OB where it was.
(That may seem weird, but trust me. . .With the way they run buses, it makes sense.)
The problem?
OB didn't hear her, so he didn't get the book bag.

MaBell and I both went into slight freak mode.
Me because her book bag / books / assignments were MIA.
MaBell because she is bored out of her mind and wants something to work on.

What to do?

The crazy person that I am seemed to remember seeing the bus parked somewhere awhile back.
So, I racked my brain, called MBB (but he didn't remember seeing it), racked my brain some more. . .
And got on a mission.

Yep, MaBell and I decided to take a field trip of our own. . .
We drove to the spot of my hazy memory and knocked on the door. . .
And got her book bag.

Yep, ladies and gents!
The gal who still doesn't know many of the roads in her county (and it's a BIG county). . .
Who knows even fewer people in said county (OK, so not that many people). . .
Located the correct house with the correct bus and the correct book bag still on said bus.

Am I the only one who finds this a little loony and humorous???

Namaste.

No comments: