Monday, January 26, 2009

Gee-man-nee

MBB and the kids like LaRosa's pizza.
I will admit that I am more of a Pizza Hut gal, but I can stomach LaRosa's if I get light sauce.

For those of you who do not have a LaRosa's, it is a local Italian / Pizza restaurant chain all over town. They have one phone number for pick-up / delivery orders. When you place the order, they send the order to the correct location, but you are not talking to someone in that correct location. We always pick-up our orders on our way home - we live too far away for them to deliver.

Recently, I have had some bad experiences with LaRosa's. . .
Probably 4 of the last 6 orders have been wrong.
I think our order (we have two variations) is pretty basic, so this is an amazement to me.

Yesterday, it became 5 of the last 7 and I was fed up.
On my way home, I happened to glance at the receipt to make sure that MaBell and my pizza said light sauce and saw that they ran MBB and OB's pizza was listed wrong.
I turned around and headed back.

Here was the hard part.
No one in the restaurant did anything wrong, but I was fed up!
I didn't want to go off on someone there, so I about bit my tongue off.

The manager of the kitchen (I think) was very understanding and offered me more than I expected.
I got my pizza remade (my request). . .
I got the incorrect pizza for free (they were going to throw it out anyway). . .
I got a credit on my account for my next order. . .

OK, even though I am still ticked that the person that answers the phone can't type what they hear into the computer correctly (even when I double checked the item that ended up wrong). . .
The customer service in the restaurant rocks. :)

Namaste.

No comments: