Thursday, December 04, 2008

Affirmations

I am a student of Unity.
When someone asked me what Unity is, I always fell back on the Five Basic Unity Principles. Recently, the Association of Unity Churches provided an
Identity Statement, but I still like the simplicity of the Five Principles.

The one that I connect the most with is Principle #3: "Thoughts held in mind produce after their kind."

In other words:
When I think positive, I attract positive into my life.
When I think negative, I attract negative.
When I think I'm sick, I get sick.Check Spelling

One aspect of this principle is affirmations.
An affirmation is something that is true, but I may forgotten it for a moment.
Myrtle Fillmore, co-founder of the Unity movement, used an affirmation repeatedly throughout her life: "I am a child of God, and therefore I do not inherit sickness.”.

Here is my current affirmation:
"I am blessed with a strong, healthy body.
I am whole and well in mind, body and spirit."

Does anyone else have an affirmation currently?

Namaste.

No comments: