Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Trip Down Memory Lane. . .

I got to stop by my favorite coffee shop this morning which took me on a trip down memory lane:

Phone call from SassyMarie to Egypt. . .
Egypt: "Hello."
Me: "I'm almost to C-Town, should be there in a few to pick you up so we can get some coffee!"
Egypt: "You sure you want to pick me up first?"
Me: "Yeah, you don't live far from the coffee shop, I'll pick you up."
Egypt: "OK, see ya soon"
Me: "Bye"

Five-minute later, 2nd phone call. . .
Egypt: "I'll take a medium. . ."

She didn't even ask what I needed, she knew that my car would not be able to go by the coffee shop and not stop.

I guess you had to be there, but I still chuckle when I think of it.
The guy who waited on me was rolling with laughter.
He was also the first one to let me know that the coffee shop was going to open up in my town.

Lucky for me at the time, one opened within walking distance of the condo.
Okay. . .it was a walk on a major road, so I never actually walked to it. . .BUT it was close!
Unlucky for me now, they do not exist in my new town. I only get my fix now when I am up near the condo, like I was this morning for a doctor's appointment.

So, here's my fix for the day: Lite White Berry (made with Mint)

The reason why I decided to blog about my favorite coffee shop today?
Caribou Coffee is heavily involved in the Breast Cancer Research due to losing one of their original employees to Breast Cancer.
Read her story
here.
There is a coffee created just for her: Amy's Blend
.

Namaste.

No comments: