Thursday, September 11, 2008

Update

Posting a personal update here for those who I haven't been in contact with lately and those who have been waiting for information from me.

MBB's mom was rushed to the hospital Saturday afternoon.
We got to talk to the doctor last night (we just kept missing him, on Tuesday he came in after we left for the evening) and it has been confirmed that she had two strokes on Saturday - one "minor" and one "medium".
I'll be honest - the word stroke scares me. I don't care what type it is - it isn't good!
I guess in this case, we are thankful that it wasn't a "massive" one, but it was still a stroke and it still scares me.

As of last night, she is back to acting like the MBBMommy that I know.
We aren't sure when she will be released from the primary hospital - they are still trying to get her medication stabilized in her system.
Once she is released, she will be moved to a Rehabilitation Hospital. I'm still trying to work out all of the details on that one.

Namaste.

No comments: