Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Crockpotting. . .

I am on a mission to start cooking more with my Crock pot.

There are nights when we don't get home until 8:30 and if I don't have dinner ready in the Crock pot - it could be 9 or 9:30 before we eat supper.
Since OB's bedtime is 9, that's not going to work so well.
The only other alternative is to swing by the Golden Arches on the way home and that isn't a good option for my wallet or my waistline!

So, I ordered a crock pot cookbook from OB's school fundraiser.
I found a blog with crock pot recipes and. . .
Starting next week (after I do my weekly grocery store run), I'm going to give it a go!

I may need to get a new crock pot - one of those neat programmable ones that switches from HIGH to WARM so that the food doesn't over cook.

Namaste.

No comments: