Sunday, August 24, 2008

Excuse me?

The kids have a game that they play when we are in the car:
How many people they can get to wave / honk / hollar. . .
Sometimes they can only wave through the window, sometimes they get to roll down the windows.
Of course, they prefer to have the windows down because they get more responses.

We were on our way home last night and they were racking up the points since they were yelling out the windows.

Here's were the story comes in:
We were driving down a particular road and came up next to a car that had its windows rolled down.
I should mention that I was extremely tired and I tend to drive slower than the speed limit when I'm tired. I don't know if I was or not, but as I was exhausted, I wouldn't be surprised if I was.

MaBell yelled "Hey Dude!" out the window at the car.
I went on by it. . .Not speeding up, not slowing down.
All of a sudden, the car blares it's horn at us.
We come up on a red light. I stopped and started to turn right on red. . .
The car comes up beside us and I hear. . .I kid you not. . .
"IT'S NOT A RACE RETARD!!!"

Yes, ladies and gentlemen. . .
MaBell (and OB) was being nice, yelling at people out the window.
Granted, most people either either returned the niceness, looked surprised that someone was being nice to them or ignored them.

This is the first time that the niceness was responded to with anger.
And we won't even talk about the words she used - That is another rant for another day.

Go figure.

Namaste.

No comments: