Saturday, July 19, 2008

How In The World Did They?

A bit of background:
  • I collect Longaberger Baskets.
  • We are in the process of getting Air Conditioning installed in our house.
  • Temperatures have been hovering around the 90s lately.
  • Some of our windows are missing screens, but. . .See notes above.
We have been having birds "visit" our house lately.

I noticed that they have taken a particular liking to one of my baskets that is on top of the dining room corner cabinet.

I "emptied" the basket twice and then blocked the window by laying a screen against it and bracing it with a chair.

Obviously, we have superbirds who are able to move chairs. I found the start of their third nest when I moved furniture to repair drywall and start the painting process!



We were able to find screens that fit all the windows in that room and are now able to keep the birds out.

I am happy that the A/C man is coming to the house today to evaluate the situation and figure out when we can keep all of the windows shut!


Namaste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is amazing!! Don't they know how expensive those baskets are?? They must have thought they were moving on up!! What if you wouldn't have painted.. and they moved in... you got a/c and a new family of birds inside the house?!!?!? LOL