Thursday, June 26, 2008

Koodos to Tim McGraw

My faith in people has been restored, at least for today.

At a concert in Auburn, Washington, Tim McGraw saw a rowdy male fan being not so kind to a female fan (he was trying to get to the front row and was allegedly pushing/shoving people out of his way - I heard a radio interview with the female fan's sister which claimed that he was yanking her about by her hair). When security was not able to respond quickly, he (and his crew) stepped in to take care of the issue.
Click here for more details!

Why does this make me happy?
Too many times now, I see people just turn their back to situations that ‘aren’t any of their business’. How easy would it have been for Tim to just keep singing and ignore the situation? Pretty easy. But he stepped up and was the man that he claims to be.

I know that there is a fine line between needing to get involved and needing to mind your own business and I tiptoe on that line daily . . . But at least I am trying and not just ignoring what is going on around me.

Namaste.

No comments: