Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Want a Visitor Story?

Most days, I am on the road to work before anyone else in the house is up and moving. MBB always wakes up to give me a kiss goodbye, but he usually gets a few more zzzzs after I leave.

Tuesday morning, I got my kiss and headed downstairs to pack my lunch.

As I rounded the corner going from the living room to the dining room / kitchen, I saw an animal shadow looking at me from the hallway connecting all of the rooms (the only light being shown on the subject was dawn coming through the window). I think I scared it as much as it scared me and it shot down the stairs to the basement.

I was about 90% sure it was a cat and 20% sure that it was Sylvester (MaBelle's cat who resides with her grandparents). In the past, the cats (before they moved) would continually peek around the corner to watch me pack lunch in the morning. I kinda got confused when I didn't see that happen - hence the 90%.

Since we don't have a litter pan in the house, I decided to wake MBB up and let him know so that they could find the cat and get it back outside before leaving for work / school.

Remember I said 90% sure.
Well, the sureness meter was malfunctioning on this particular day.

All it took was a growl coming from the pile of boxes in my craft room to create a scream and a race up the stairs. MaBelle has declared that we have a raccoon visitor. She has come into contact with raccoons before, so she definitely knows what a raccoon growl sounds like.

If I had been 90% sure it was a raccoon - I'd have been screaming my head off until MBB got out of bed. I'm no dummy - those things are mean!

Namaste.

3 comments:

The Frogge Family said...

O.M.G... how in the heck does a raccoon get inside a house. I would have F.R.E.A.K.E.D. out!

Did they get it out somehow???

Sassy Marie said...

The backdoor was accidentally left open that night... MBB closed off the house for the day and left the door open and it left. Believe me - MBB and MaBelle went through every nook and cranny searching for it when we got home.

I did take a body guard (who was holding a 2x4) with me when I went down to do a load of laundry last night though! I'm no dummy!

Anonymous said...

ROFLMBO

I remember dealing with a raccoon when we lived on Hampton Rd. Not cool but was funny later on telling the story.