Thursday, May 01, 2008

Not A Good Day. . .

It's been a rough few days:
- I'm working toward a major deadline at work.
- I'm still trying to acclimate to not living alone.
- My clothes are starting to get a little snug.

Then, I get an email asking about the bus crash.

My emotions went on a massive, and I mean massive, roller coaster ride.
- "Were our kids on that bus?" TERROR
- Called MBB (who didn't know about it either) - No, our bus doesn't go near that road. RELIEF

- "Were the five kids closest to MaBell and OB on that bus?" STRESS
- Found an article that said the bus was going to a different elementary school. RELIEF
- "Were any of OB's teammates killed?" ANXIETY
- Found an article that said a high school student was killed. RELIEF

- Ten kids were taken to the hospital, a family has lost their son and many are effected! ANXIETY

My nerves are not faring well from the roller coaster ride.
Not to mention the high level of guilt that I feel for feeling any relief at all - even though they weren't our kids, there were still kids involved.

Our county has now lost two this school year.


Namaste.

No comments: