Monday, April 28, 2008

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Yes, I know. . .
We are still months away from training camp and even longer until preseason.
But, it was draft weekend and I think that warrants an ORANGE post (and I've already made the first payment on my seats)!

With everything going on at home (We have a birthday to celebrate this week!) and the big deadlines at work, I haven't had a chance to do any research and formulate any opinions. . .

We drafted five offense and five defense.
I'm intrigued by the THREE WRs included:
One - absolutely!
Two - I can probably make a believable case for.
But, did we really need three?


Round 1:
Keith Rivers (Southern California), LB, 6'3", 235lbs

Round 2:
Jerome Simpson (Coastal Carolina), WR, 6'1", 199lbs

Round 3:
Pat Sims (Auburn), DT, 6'2", 310lbs
Andre Caldwell (Florida), WR, 6'1", 200lbs

Round 4:
Anthony Collins (Kansas), OT-G, 6'5", 317lbs

Round 5:
Jason Shirley (Fresno State), DT, 6'5", 329lbs (he's gotta keep his act clean!!!)

Round 6:
Corey Lynch (Appalachian State), S, 6'0", 205lbs (married to Rev. Billy Graham's granddaughter)
Matt Sherry (Villanova), TE, 6'4", 255lbs

Round 7:
Angelo Craig (Cincinnati), DE-LB, 6'5", 235lbs
Mario Urrutia (Louisville), WR, 6'5", 232lbs

Mark Curnute graded this year's draft as a B-/C+.
I'll wait until we cut down to our final team for regular season before I make a judgement.

Namaste.

No comments: