Monday, March 31, 2008

Woulda Been The Perfect Kodak Moment. . .

. . .If I could have found my camera!!!

Awhile back, I repainted most of the condo and after the scaffolding fiasco, I swore that I would never repaint the condo again! The condo will remain this great color called "Bagel" (and some other walls two colors in the same family) until a new owner decides they want to experience scaffolding. Won't be me.

Tangent time: "Why was is Bagel such a great color?" you might ask. Well, my interior decorator convinced me that I could find a gold color that didn't look like a color that I don't care for. . .OK - don't care for may be an understatement! Bagel was in the one gold color family that I liked and didn't remind me of that one color.

This weekend, we were working on finishing up some projects at the condo and I realized / remembered that there is this an area above the upper stairwell that has a pretty large white spot. Yep, I couldn't reach it with the extension poles for the paint rollers, the scaffolding would work there and it was pretty awkward for ladders in that small space.

Hmmm, I'd really like to make to do something about that large white spot! So, I took my 6' "A" ladder, folded it up and wedged it into the stairwell. With OB bracing the ladder, I climbed up to see if I could reach any of it. Nope.

In my logical mind, I realized that MBB is 7" taller than me and has longer arms, so maybe he could reach a bit of it. I had already accepted the realization that there would always be a white spot there, but I wanted to make it as small as possible. . .If possible.

Now, I'm in the kitchen cleaning up another project and I hear "MaBell, hold up the paint tray." and "OB, you better not let go of that ladder!". Yep, those statements needed some investigation.

Here's where I needed my camera!!!

Imagine this: 6' ladder braced between step and wall over the staircase by a 10 year old with 6' man standing on ONE foot on TOP of the ladder with second foot balanced against third floor stair rail.
GULP!
Needless to say, I quickly started bracing him as much as I could and said a few prayers in my head.

The white spot is now GONE and I have one very sore man.
Yep, he's still my prince charming, but instead of a white horse, he has a bagel paint brush! :)

I know, I know. . .No one is going to believe this story.
Wish I got a picture of it.

Namaste.

1 comment:

The Frogge Family said...

Ugh, that makes me nervous just reading about it!

Did you get everything done that you needed to get done in time???