Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Say What?

Location: Condo
Time: 11:30pm
Setting the Scene: Home Phone Rings

"You. . .Mine. . .Yadda Yadda Yadda. . ." (Heavy ebonic slang going about 100 miles a minute)

"Excuse Me?"

"They gave you my cell phone number! It is mine! I don't understand why you have the number that they gave me! Why do you have my number?"

"Ma'am, this is not a cell phone number. This is my home number that I have had for 11 years."

"222-0222?" (Number changed for public viewing)

"Yes ma'am, that has been my number for 11 years."


Click.

Namaste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're lucky. At least the caller was speaking English, or some form of English! And, they're not looking for Lakeside Christian Church, or a doctor's office, or a pharmacy, or a limo, which are 99% of my incoming calls! lol