Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Notes To Self. . .

  • If a laptop goes pop, back away very quickly.
  • If smoke quickly follows the pop, grab a fire extinguisher – it will be needed in about 3 minutes.
  • Keyboard flames can grow quickly to two foot tall.
  • Grab clothe items before the fire starts or plan to stop by the cleaners on the way home.
  • Fire extinguisher powder grows legs and gets into every nook and cranny.
  • The air between a picture and the frame's glass is a nook or cranny.
  • FE powder is yellow, fine and very gritty.
  • Once said powder finds a home, it doesn’t like to leave.
  • Burnt plastic on laptops is very weird looking and doesn't smell very nice.
  • FE powder smells even worse than burnt plastic.
  • Flames growing up out of a laptop do leave burnt marks on the surface under it.
  • Wiping down surfaces multiple times will not remove powder grittiness and / or odor.

Namaste.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW!

I'm glad you are okay!! good thing the popular 90's hair spray and moose isn't in style!! that would have been even more dangerous!!

HOLY COW!

Sassy Marie said...

It wasn't my laptop...but did belong to my neighbor (the bear picture was on my desk). Was very scary and once the smoke started pouring, we wouldn't let her anywhere near it as she is pregnant.

Definitely not an experience I want to have again! lol

Anonymous said...

I bet that wasn't good for your healing eyes either!

I think you guys need cupcakes... the calorie free kind of course. If I were closer I'd bring you all some!