But since my orthodontist is good about scheduling my appointments every six weeks and the magical month is January, I feel pretty comfortable starting my count-down.
84 DAYS UNTIL I AM METAL FREE!
Why is this the big day that the count-down starts?
Well, a few reasons. . .
- My co-workers decreed (the week I got the braces) that a count-down wasn't allowed until it was double digits. 84 looks like double digits to me. . .
- I have had rubber bands for 5 weeks, 6 days. . .Nuff said.
- My current record is popping a wire every 10 days (that happened consistently every 10 days one month) and three bands snapping in my mouth in one day. . .
- I hate taking pills, yet I am popping Advil like it was candy (the band locations were moved today). . .
- I am looking forward to being able to get a kiss whenever I want and not just went I take the bands out to eat. . .
- I'm ready to be done with this part of my transformation and move on to the next (I have my consult for Lasik on Monday). . .