Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I Guess Life Was Getting Too Even-Keal!

Wednesday was full of weird twists and turns! There were a few things that happened, but I figure there is one in particular that may interest everyone the most...

I got home from the gym about 9:15pm, unlocked and opened the front door just in time to hear a LOUD pop and see smoke pouring out of my electrical meter box. The entire building went dark - roughly seven condos...and smoke was still coming out of my box.


A quick phone call invited two fire trucks, two ambulances and quite a few police cars to my home. Of course, the smoke visitor decided to hightail it out of town before the new visitors arrived. My fuse box got red tagged and the recording at the electric company said that power would be restored by 3:30am-ish.

Needless to say, my nerves were shot and I was at wits end! Luckily, I have this amazing guy in my life who is willing to take care of me: from calling the electrical company for a status to letting me crash on his couch (yes, I slept on the couch alone - no comments from the peanut gallery!).

Maybe this was just another way to make sure that I don't take the blessings in my life for granted?
Or maybe it was a way to give me something new to blog about! :)

Namaste.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The peanut gallery would LOVE to point out that just because you SLEPT on the couch alone, doesn't mean other things didn't happen while you were awake...LOL

I'm sorry, I couldn't help it!

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW!! I'm glad you are okay! Wow.. were the rest of the condo owners happy you had a nice, safe, couch to sleep on?? LOL

Glad everything is okay.

Now that was an exciting blog!!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie!! It's Leah - aaaaaw what a sweet guy! WOW what excitement for a night. Is everything fixed and ok now? myspace me about it if you want.. :)

Haha you are cracking me up with the peanut gallery thing. Hmmm yeahh alone huh... what about when you were awake? :) LOL!!

the peanut gallery -
Leah xoxox *mwah*