Thursday, May 17, 2007

Love - Hate Relationship. . .

Yes, I have one - with food! I love it. It loves my hips. I hate my hips.
Doesn't work too well in the long run.

I think I mentioned previously that I am back in another weight-loss competition.
Yes, I'm crazy - I never claimed anything different! My ever muscular cheerleader, Sadillac, put together a meal plan for me. It's pretty clear: 4 oz of this here, 1/2 c of that there, so much of this, so little of that. . .
I USED to like him!

So, I was getting a little aggravated measuring out my portions at every meal. I was cranky because I remembered that I only had 1 cup of something when I really wanted 2 cups! Most of the time, I ended up "estimating" or "adding a bit more" because I was so hungry.
Ooops. . . . . .

So in an effort to save time (mainly in the morning), I pre-measured enough food for a few days. I had my measuring cups out and everything! I fired up the mini-George Forman and cooked up all of the lean beef and the lean turkey that I had. . .Hmmm, three days worth of meals and I only have to clean the Foreman once?
Sweet!
Yes, Sadillac better be proud!

I came to a realization tonight. . .
I'm eating less.
I'm satisfied.
I'm not near as cranky at meal-time.

Yes, I admit it - there is enough food on my plate (even though it doesn't look like it) to make my tummy full for awhile, but not stuffed. About two hours later, I am hungry again (I believe this was Sadillac's plan). . .but I just keep busy and after another hour, I get to eat again!

Wow. . .
By the time I get to my maintenance mode, I think the smaller portions will look normal.
If not, I will continue to pre-measure food when I'm not hungry!

Namaste.

No comments: