Monday, January 15, 2007

I Am Loosing It. . .

I have become a loopy dunce.
Really, I have. . .I think.
I am now purging all pain medication out of my body - for a second time.

Point #1: Since the surgery, I have been very careful in the shower not to have too much water force on my incisions. It took me seven, yes - seven, days to realize that my life would be much easier if I changed what jets were being used. SIGH.

Point #2: Yesterday, my lowest incision decided to start bothering me for some weird reason. Today, I decided to wear a dress to work (nobody fell out of their chair on that one, did they?) to avoid the belly button incision / pant line war continuing into today. What did I do? Yep, put on a pair of underwear that stopped directly on my belly button. SIGH.

Point #3: I was writing an email tonight and got into my blog rambling style. If this was just to my family - maybe no big deal. It was not. SIGH.

Point #4: I stopped by Hobby Lobby on the way home from the gym tonight (Scrapbook alert - 30% off all adhesives and 50% off all paper) and had so many packages to carry in that I decided to leave something in the car. What did I leave, you ask? My briefcase. . .You know, the thing that has my glasses, contact case and such in it. So, I sit here with my p.j.s on and nowhere to put my contacts (not quite sure where my spare case is - probably in my briefcase). SIGH.

I'm sure that many of my co-workers could share additional points.

My boss even caught a pretty funny typo in an email that I sent to Japan. HeHeHe.

Oh well, I am just glad that:

a) I recognized that I needed to get out of loopy mode more than I need to avoid what little pain is left &
b) That I am able to find and identify the humor in all of this.

Namaste.


P.S. Did I mention that the dress I wore today was from my Senior year in college? You know - the one that has been hanging in my closet tormenting me - it was my "goal outfit" and yet, I am still going to keep going! :)

"Bad habits are easier to abandon today than tomorrow." - Yiddish Proverb

No comments: