Monday, November 27, 2006

I'm Back. . .

I took a journey out of town for the holidays. I did try to exercise a bit while I was gone, but I don't know how much scrunches and leg lifts on a motel bed really counts. Unfortunately, I think my muscles are going to go on strike after the work-out I put them through tonight!

I did get quite a bit of shopping done with MommyMarie on Black Friday. I still have a bit more to buy before Christmas, but the pile to wrap has grown pretty high. Yippee!

BabyGirl, Lucy and I headed up to Cleveland to root on our Bengals. We had a great time tailgating - even with the Browns fans next to us (Thanks for sharing the fire pit, glad there was no camera to record the dare). It was so warm that I left my jacket in the van and was fine with a short sleeved t-shirt and my jersey. My hands did get a bit cold on the walk out, but not so bad!

Loved the win, loved the view of the lake, loved the company, loved watching two (maybe three, couldn't tell who the one girl was rooting for) Browns fans get thrown out of their own stadium - OK, saw one Bengal fan get thrown out too.

The only bad part was the drive after the game. It took us roughly 3 hours to get there (2.75 to get to the motel and about another .25 to the stadium) and 6.25 hours to get back. Does anyone else see a problem with this?

Thank God for Lucy's hot tub. Does wonders for those muscles still in the position of clenching the steering wheel and trying hard not to press on the gas pedal. Thankfully, BabyGirl drove the last 1.5 hours or I don't think I would have been able to get out of the van to get into the hot tub.

Namaste.

"Never mistake knowledge for wisdom.
One helps you make a living;
The other helps you make a life." - Sandra Carey


No comments: