Monday, November 13, 2006

I Needed That!

I think the universe knew that I was getting down with the dieting and the weight loss and all of that stuff. . .And it provided.

My neighbor refuses to call me by my real name anymore. He calls me Slim. I don't know if it is because he doesn't remember my name or what, but it makes me smile and get moving. . .Especially when I'm on my way to the gym and I really don't want to go.


My sister, Lexismoo, gave me an awesome card over the weekend!
It almost made me cry. : )
OK, I'll be honest - it teared me up!
I LOVED IT! (front says "happy new you!")



This morning, I saw a coworker from over-seas that I haven't seen in a few years. . .
"SassyMarie-san? SassyMarie-san! You are skinny!"
Now, I know that he never would have said it if he wasn't jet-lagged, but it gave me a laugh and even gave me a feeling of pride.

Right before I left work, I got a
"You're doing AWESOME" email from a co-worker with a picture she had taken of me in 2004. To be honest, I did not recognize myself. . .And I almost cried - I never realized that I looked like that.

The only thing that I can think of is: I see myself in the mirror everyday, so I don't really notice a change. I know that I am doing good because of how my clothes fit, but I was getting discouraged and wondering if it was worth it. I guess I needed the
reactions that I was blessed to get recently. Granted, I didn't get positive reinforcement from everyone and even though it may hurt for a few moments, I realize that it's okay - I am doing good and not everyone has to be happy for me. I just need to be happy for myself.

15 more to go!

Namaste.


PS. Peter King sure had a lot to say about the Bengals in his Monday Morning Quarterback (sportsillustrated.com), some good, some bad (take a deep breath - there's a lot here to read and I only included the stuff about our game):
Quote of the Week II: "We'll be back with the second-half tipoff right after these messages.'' -- Cris Collinsworth, in the NBC viewing room Sunday, after the Bengals kicked a field goal in the fourth quarter to climb within 42-41 in Cincinnati.
Quote of the Week III: "Being involved in that game, it was almost like a cartoon. Like it was animated. It was unbelievable.'' -- San Diego running back LaDainian Tomlinson, who scored four touchdowns in the 49-41 San Diego win at Cincinnati.
Quote of the Week IV: "It's the kind of game that makes the National Football League the most popular sport in the world.'' -- Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer, stunned after the Chargers came back from a 21-0 deficit to win in Cincinnati going away.
The Awards Section - Offensive Players of the Week (tie): Carson Palmer, QB, Cincinnati. No one needed a big game more than Palmer this weekend. The Bengals had lost four of five, they led the league in supercilious bickering, and Palmer knew he had to get the ball to Chad Johnson to avoid an eruption. So what does Palmer do? Complete 20 of 23 for 283 yards and two touchdowns ... in the first half. Talk about coming up big when a 4-4 record mandated it. It's not his fault the defense (and Chris Henry, see below) didn't hold up its end. Palmer finished 31 of 42 for 440 yards, three touchdowns and no picks.
Goat of the Week: Chris Henry, WR, Cincinnati. Chargers up 49-41, 1:05 left in the game, Bengals ball at the San Diego 15, second and 10. Henry lines up on the right, and just as he starts his curl two yards into the end zone, Palmer throws a perfectly roped spiral right into his gut. And Henry drops it. Maybe the Bengals don't make the two-point conversion and lose 49-47. Maybe they make the two-point conversion and it's tied 49-49 with 50 seconds left and we see if Rivers has one more miracle left in his backpack. But Henry saw to it that we'd have no more drama with his horrible drop.
Ten Things I Think I Think:
1. I think these are my quick-hit thoughts of Week 10: k. Bengals-Chargers. Ninety points. 90! l. Chargers: 42 points in the second half. 42!
2. I think this is the game I see the Colts stumbling: Dec. 18 against the Bengals, even though it's in Indianapolis. With the Bengals out of the playoff picture then, it'll be their World Series.
4. I think, hmmm, now that I've opened that can of worms, let me close it. King's top long-haul quarterbacks if he was starting a franchise right now, in order: Peyton Manning, Brady, Brees, Marc Bulger, Rivers/Matt Hasselbeck (tie), Carson Palmer (just because I'm not sure of the mental scars from his knee injury right now).

The only thing that I think was missing from his article - a mention of the cheap head shot on T.J. during the fourth quarter.

No comments: