Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Frustrated. . .

Ever had one of those days when all you wanted to do was sit down in the middle of a store and cry?

After about an hour and a half of searching, we found the tiles for my main bath. . .The shower wall tile was a combination of silver, gold and black. Looked great with black tiles for the shower floor and a darker tile for the room floor. I was glad we were done 'cause it was past time for me to eat and I was still in my stinky gym clothes. Then I saw the look on the clerk's face. . .No tile in stock? GOING TO TAKE OVER A MONTH TO GET IT IN?

Ok, I'm 0 - 2 with tile selection so far.

The store was closing in 45 minutes and I had to find tiles since demolishing will start soon.

I was frustrated, tired, depressed, _____ (feel free to fill in the blank). It was obvious that I wasn't happy, but I think / hope that I showed some character today. I buckled down, let myself hear different suggestions and became open to looks that were different from the one in my head.

My main problem was that I have lots of chrome and black iron with a vanity that has a slight gold tone. I am not against "light", but I do not like the standard tile color of most of the tiles (a yellow-chalk color) and I had to find something that would go with chrome and black.

It was 8:57 when we finally hit a home run (we found the tile, anyway). I tried to take pictures with my phone to post, but no color showed up (at least I figured out how to transfer the pictures from my phone to my computer!). If you had told me earlier that I would have a room in my house that was a warm, copper color - I would have said that you were nuts. Guess what. . .You are nuts. If I tried to describe it, you wouldn't believe it. . .So, you'll just have to come see when it's done.

Stay tuned for the next episode of "As The Remodeling Continues. . ."

Namaste.

"Instead of developing your personality, charm or intellect, try exercising your character today." - Stephanie Goddard Davidson

No comments: