Thursday, September 21, 2006

It's Addicting. . .

I heard about the Bengal Medallions on Saturday. I thought about picking up the free medallion book Sunday morning before tail-gating, but decided against it.

When I got to PBS, they were handing out the book. Hmmm. . .Nice, but I'm still not getting involved in this. After all, it's 6 days a week for ~4 weeks. At $2.99 + $.50 (more on Sunday) + tax, it's going to add up and mostly, I just don't have the time to run around town looking for them.

Monday came and I found myself at the UDF right around the block (ok, it's a big block) from my house just to see what they looked like - and I'm hooked. Yes, I am getting up early (not good when I'm not getting enough sleep to begin with) to pick up my medallion every morning.

I now know the clerk who pulls the early shift. I am beginning to recognize other patrons who arrive about the same time to get a medallion for a grandson or a neighbor or themself.

It's kinda ironic - I wasn't going to do it. . .But suddenly did.

Namaste.

No comments: