Monday, August 14, 2006

Music. . .

Music plays a huge part in my life. And to be honest, it is driving me nuts right now that I only have two radios in the condo and only one of them contains a CD player. Once the remodeling is done, I will be investing in new, upgraded music makers for many of the rooms!

The mailbox gifted me with a wonderful surprise today. . .A NEW CD! To make it ever more special - it was autographed and there was a Thank-You Note included.

I practice what is known as tithing. I feed those who spiritually feed me. Most of the time, 'those' is my church - my spiritual home. Other times, 'those' are various things throughout this world of ours.

A few months ago, I was struggling. I needed something and I wasn't sure what that something was. Then, my car CD player advanced to a CD that I hadn't heard in awhile (sometimes that happens with a 6-CD changer!). The first song brought tears to my eyes - it moved me (as corny as that may sound). It made me re-look at things from a different perspective. It 'spiritually fed' me, so to speak.

So, what does music and tithing have to do with each other? Well, I wrote a tithe check to the singer / songwriter of that song. Yeah, you guessed it - the same singer / songwriter who sent me a copy of his new CD. I did not send the check to get a new CD or a Thank-You Note. It just so happened that when I was needing the message that his song contained, he needed supporters to fund his next project.

Isn't it amazing how the universe works?

So, I drove to the gym listening to these wonderful new messages. Just before going in, I pulled out the CD sleeve to look at some of the words. What did I see? MY NAME! That's right - MY NAME! Unbeknownst to me, he thanked all of the "supporters" in his personal message. WOW.

It's amazing what life will throw at you if you are ready to receive. I guess that I am. . .The question is: Can I stay that way?

Namaste.
(For those who have asked - Namaste is said with a bow reflecting a spiritual handshake and means: "The divine in me honors the divine in you").

"Have I given hope to the hopeless?
Has a hungry soul been fed?
Has a child stood a little bit taller 'cause of something that I said?
Have I left a little kindness?
Have I eased a little pain?
If so, then I'm glad I came. . ." - Daniel Nahmod

PS. Did I mention that the Bengals won their first pre-season game? WHO DEY!!

No comments: