Saturday, July 29, 2006

I Know, I Know. . .

I haven't been blogging like usual. Yes, that means that I haven't been to the gym this week like I should. What can I say? Life got in the way!

Found a blog entry by Capt. B that I wanted to share with everyone. It is about one of my fellow Cincinnatians who WILL come home: http://www.onemarinesview.com/one_marines_view/2006/07/marines_give_he.html

In other news - MY PAINTING HAS ARRIVED!!!! Every since I bought it on my Alaskan Cruise, I have been doubting my sanity - especially when I got the first installment of the bill! But now that it is here - I am thanking sweet spirit that I made it a part of my house.

Kinda fitting that I'm talking about it in relation to Capt. B's post - the painting is of an Angel, in front of an American Flag, cradling a man's head in her lap. Even though the painting is in response to 9/11, it reminds me of our soldiers. . .And gives me faith that the Angels are watching over all of them, especially Matt Maupin. Use this link to see a story about the painting turning into a tattoo. . . http://www.rutfineart.com/member/mike.html

Namaste.

"Here's a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: If you're alive, it isn't." - Richard Bach

No comments: