Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Ever had one of those days. . .

. . .When you realized that you were in over your head? That was me today!

I was blessed with a four day holiday weekend to celebrate the Fourth of July. This morning, I woke up before the alarm went off - looking forward to going to work. Felt kinda nice, actually.

Then I started up the computer and checked email. . .And reality struck and struck hard. I realized that I should have put in some hours over the weekend to meet a HUGE deadline that I have looming.

No problem. . .I'm going out of town this weekend, but will be back fairly early on Sunday and I can put in some time then. OOPS! Big office move this weekend and we can't get in the building to work while the movers are there. CRAP!

OK. . .I'll just put in the headphones and start trudging. I can do this! HMMMM. . .Why is my computer running so slow. . .Shouldn't take 20 minutes to get a program log-in box. . .Ok, enough of this - I got about two hours of work done in eight hours. . .Time to call the IS Help Desk. Trojan Virus? ON MY COMPUTER?? HUHHHHHH??? What do you mean the old virus protection program was taken off of my computer, but for some reason the new one wasn't loaded????

OK. . .Step back and punt. . .45 minutes to load the new program, remove the Trojan and scan the laptop for any other bugs and such. It's time to get some work done! Needless to say, I put in 13.5 hours today and ended up having frozen yogurt for my afternoon meal (I eat every three hours) and a Dairy Queen Blizzard for dinner (but it was REALLY good) which led me to feel very guilty and scared to get on a scale. . .So I headed straight to the gym. Have I mentioned that I really want to continue to loose weight, not put any back on (but the blizzard was REALLY good)?

Ironically, it's now 11:55pm and I am actually starting to feel like my head is getting back above the water line. I'm going to hit the sack hard and head into work early in the morning. . .Another full day should be enough to get me back into stretching distance and all is becoming well in my world!

WOW, that felt good to get all of that out into blog land and not festering in my mind. After all, tomorrow will be a much better day with everything crossed off of my To Do List!

Namaste.

"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." - Barbara Johnson

No comments: