Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Around Town - Local Made

I tagged this post "Around Town"...
Technically, I have lived in Ohio, Kentucky and Michigan - so let's cover all three!

I am big on supporting women, minority and local-owned businesses.
(See my previous post about Gumbo and Blankets!)
So, I thought I would dedicate this post to more "local" type businesses.  Some of these are larger companies, but they do employ the local workers - so I like to rank them a little higher on my buy list.  And I am only listing the items that I use (or that I find interesting)...

I would love to put great comments next to all of these, but...
Yeah, no time or energy or creativity!

Ohio
Adhesive Labels (Medina)
Airstream Travel Trailers (Jackson Center) <I don't own, but shout out since my friend works there>
Anchor Hocking Glass (Lancaster)
Baking Soda (Tiffin)
Bob Evans Sausage (Columbus)
Brillo (London)
Dannon Yogurt (Tiffin)
Duct Tape (Avon)
Grippo Potato Chips (Cincinnati)
Heinz (Fremont)
Longaberger Baskets (Newark, well Dresden when I bought them)
Montgomery Inn Barbeque Sauce (Cincinnati)
Skyline Chili (Cincinnati) <100% MBB, I won't touch the stuff!>
Stouffer's Frozen Foods (Solon)
Totinos Pizza Rolls (Wellston)
V-8 Juice (Napoleon)
Wilson Footballs (Ada)

Kentucky
Bourbon!  <Though I find it very funny that the bourbon trail goes through dry counties>
Dixie Cups (Lexington)
Dippin' Dots (Paducah)
Duct Tape (Danville)
Hot Pockets (Mt. Sterling) <Technically, I use Lean Pockets...>
Pop Tarts (Pikeville) Post-it Notes (Cynthiana)
Reynolds Wrap (Louisville)
Toyotas!  Specifically the Avalon, Camry, Lexus ES350 (Georgetown)
Uncrustables (Scottsville)


Michigan 
(I know there is a lot more, but I'll have to add more later)
Faygo (Detroit)
Grand Traverse Pies (Traverse City)
Jiffy Mix (Chelsea)
Mindo Chocolate (Dexter)
Schramm's Mead (Ferndale)
Shinola Watches (Detroit)
Vernors (Detroit)
Vlasic Pickles (Imlay City)
Zingermans (Ann Arbor)


*NOTE: Google is my friend and I got most of my information from there. 
If I find errors, I will correct this post...

Anyone think of something that I missed?

Namaste.

No comments: